HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What Laptop For College?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
captainfez3
Principe
Principe

Male Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: What Laptop For College?   25.03.08 21:22

I'm bound for college here next year to pursue my higher education. I know I'm getting a laptop, and I've checked out some that I've thought about getting. This will be THE major investment I make, so I want something that can do all the studying I'll need, like taking notes and research, but I also want it to be a pretty mean gaming machine with a nice sized hard drive.

Alienware came to mind right away, and boy, are they expensive! Shocked Like I said though, I'm willing to make an investment, and they are darn good looking machines. If anyone has personal experience, good advice, or just a preference, let me know.

Later!

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Primalmight
Pro Consul
Pro Consul

Male Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: What Laptop For College?   29.03.08 3:29

I'm not really into laptops so I don't know much about the exact prices but what I do know is that you'll almost pay double price for a laptop that has the same hardware specs than a normal computer.

I don't recommend getting a laptop for gaming they are to expensive, they play crappy and if something dies you'll spend weeks waiting for your laptor to be repaired when you can easily take of the side of your case, take out the broken hardware and put in a new one with a normal computer.

But maybe our latest member can give you some good info on this one. I'll ask him to reply to this.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
captainfez3
Principe
Principe

Male Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What Laptop For College?   29.03.08 16:53

Thanks for the advice on gaming. I think your right. I was deliberating on buying an Alienware that would actually cost more money than the car I drive right now. I think I'll wait until I get a place I can settle down in and then i'll get a gaming monster. All I really need a laptop for is to do homework and crap.

It's hard to say, but I know that's right. Sad

Thanks for the good advice Primal! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Laptop For College?   

Back to top Go down

What Laptop For College?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Auctoritas Victor XI :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: